Curriculum Vitae - MSc. Adriana Dabacan
Date and Place of Birth:
11.01.1988, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- 2013 - present: PhD - Romanian Institute of Science and Technology (RIST), Technical University of Cluj Napoca (UTCN), Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- 2012 - 2013: MSc Biomedical Engineering - RWTH Aachen, Germany, Universitet Zurich, Switzerland,
- 2011 - 2012: MSc Biomedical Engineering - Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- 2007 - 2011: BEng Applied Electronics - Technical University of Cluj Napoca (UTCN), Romania
- 2003 - 2007: Highschool Mathematics and Informatics, "Emil Racovita" National College, Cluj Napoca, Romania
- Romanian, native
- English, fluent
- French, intermediate
- German, basic
- 2012-2013: Student assistant researcher - IZKF Aachen, Germany
Descrierea activitatii stiintifice:
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the Transylvanian Experimental Neuroscience Summer School.
- Member of the National Neuroscience Society of Romania (SNN)
Awards and scholarships:
- Adriana Dabâcan is a 2nd year PhD student in the Romanian Institute for Science and Technology, in conjunction with the Technical University of Cluj Napoca. She has a bachelor in applied electronics and has ventured towards biomedical engineering for her masters, graduating an international Erasmus Mundus program, earning a double degree from Trinity College Dublin and RWTH Aachen. For her dissertation project, she joined the Helmchen lab in the University of Zurich, Switzerland, investigating visual cortex mechanisms during virtual navigation in rodents using two-photon calcium imaging. She joined RIST and Coneural in 2013 as a PhD student, with an interest in the role of oscillatory activity in visual processing. Her project aims to probe membrane properties of individual neurons and to understand how they affect network dynamics in the visual cortex, using a wide range of methods, from single cell electrophysiology to optogenetics.
Conference presentations and publications:
- PhD scholarship from the Technical University of Cluj Napoca (2013-2016).
- POSDRU scholarship from the European Social Fund (2014 – 2015).
- CEMACUBE Erasmus Mundus Masters Scholarship (2011 – 2013).
- Roberto Rocca Excellence Scholarship: (2009 – 2010).
Posters, abstracts and presentations:
- Malloy A., Kimmich O., Williams L., Quinlivan B, Dabacan A., Fanning A., Butler J.S., O'Riordan S., Reilly R.B., Hutchinson M., (2014), A headset method for measuring the visual temporal discrimination threshold in cervical dystonia, Tremor and Other Hyperkinetic Movements, 4.
- Malloy A., Kimmich O., Killane I., Fanning A., Dabacan A., O'Riordan S., Hutchinson M., Reilly R.B., (2013), Validation of a New Portable (Goggles) Technique for Determination of the Visual Temporal Discrimination Threshold, Neurology 80. Meeting Abstracts 1, p 7-198
- Dabacan A., Muresan R.C., Optogenetic manipulation of neural circuits. Plenary talk, SNN International conference, 2014
- Dabacan A., Ciura S., Kabashi E., de Calbiac H., Muresan R.C., Novel perspective on field recordings in zebrafish models of epilepsy, CNS Meeting, Prague: BMC Neuroscience